Saturday, February 06, 2010

Job Interviews~


I went for an job interview laz week! It was at the CIMB branch at Pelangi.. They actually called me at 11.30am and asked me to go for an interview that very afternoon~ I was like... U've got to be kidding me.. ppl normally give a few days notice.. they gave me a few hours notice.. lolx.. i had no transport.. no preparation whatsoever.. So i asked them if i can go for the interview the next day~ They called back shortly after that n asked me to be there at 11.20am the nx morning~

I couldn't sleep at all that night.. ahha.. i dont know.. I wasn't at all nervous for my internship interviews.. Maybe there was something inside telling me: "Hey this is the real thing ok? U better make sure u make it!" Lolx.. Anyways.. went over to grandma's place in the morning... got changed and make up.. everything.. Dad came by to fetch me over to the CIMB branch~

Went up.. filled in some application forms as usual.. and waited outside the interview room~ Shortly after, they called me in.

1 malay guy and 1 chinese gal interviewed me... asked me to introduce myself.. then asked me stuff like why i think i'm up for this job.. how would i cope~ bla bla~ overall it was fine.. they seemed to like me so yea~ hahha!

the next day, public bank called and asked me to go for an interview in kl~ so i went up with my dad.. i got a shock when i reached the main branch which was directly opposite klcc~ there were at least 20+ ppl there waiting to be interviewed.. and when i saw my name on the list.. it was like.. 40+.. meaning there were 50 ppl that went for interview that day itself! lolx thats kinda crazy~ didnt expect so many ppl there.. but oh well public bank pays well.. haha

i reached there at 3.30... waited till 5.30pm~ yes.. 2 hours.. sitting there.. with sweaty palms~ counting the time.. n hoping it was me next everytime the hr person came out n called names... there were at least 4 rooms interviewing us~

finally at 5.30 i was called into a room with 2 chinese gals.. kinda young.. at most in their early 30s~ oh man they started bombarding me with questions after questions~ started to ask me about loan applications~ this was how it went:

Interviewer: So Miss Ng, please tell me what are the documents u need when processing a loan application for a bank?

Me: I'm just a fresh grad with no prior experience.. so..... (and just so u know, i got C for finance)

Interviewer: (cuts me off) We are aware that almost all of u are fresh grads. So just tell us what u know.

Me: Er~ (beginning to feel nervous) okay~ so u need to have the background of the company, the objective why they need to loan.. the financial statement~ bank accounts~ n also to check if they are making losses or not so that u can know whether they are able to repay the loan~

Interviewer: uh huh... some more?

Me: Er..... ...... ......? (scratches head)

Interviewer: ok next, if an individual were to apply for loan? This should me much easier.

Me: (easier?! i have no idea whatsoever!) ok, if its an individual.. u need their pay slip, and maybe support letters from previous or current employers~ n need to check if they have any prior criminal offence n stuff.. to ensure the application is legitimate and not for other purpose~

Interviewer: uh huh some more?

Me: ERRRR......... ......... ......... ?

Interviewer: ok what if the individual is self employed? theres no proof whatsoever he is working.. no pay slip no letters.. then what?

Me: ER... ER... ER.... ER.... (oh man~~~~~)

Interviewer: ok nvm~ (and starts askin questions about sales)

Man I did so badly I didnt even wanna think about it after it ended~ imagine so many ppl eyeing for that few positions offered~ i wonder how does any1 get into public bank at all~?! lol

right after that, the next day.. i received a call frm cimb saying that they wanna hire me! LOLOL
and i was told that they will be sending me for 3 weeks training in Bangi and i'll need to take tests n stuff in order to be able to start working.. AND~~~~~ everything is paid for!!! FOC~ On top of that~ I'll still be receiving my pay! That means~ i just have to work for a week after the 3 weeks training n i'll get my pay~ hahaha.. how cool is that?

Well the only setback is... its in JB... yea i've been hoping to work in KL~ but thinking back what my dad said~ my petrol easily costs RM400 per month~ accommodation RM400 (if i dont stay at my grandma's)... Tolls RM150.. Food RM500 Thats almost 1.5K GONE~ n my pay is merely 2k plus~ theres basically nothing left! lolx... which is quite true...

if i work in jb.... stay at home, save petrol, eat at home, no tolls~ heck i have an extra 1k to spend! so~ oh well.. i'll be staying in jb for the time being i guess~ (like as if i have a choice) hahahaa~

initially, i was told that i'll be working at the cimb branch in Senai~ which is erm.. 40 mins frm my place? kinda far considering its jb.. not kl~ then today... my mum called n she told me her colleague's husband is the branch manager of cimb in my own taman~ n it seems that they are 1 person short... n cud use me there... SO~~~~~~ I might just be working in my own taman! LOL talk about near.. man i can even cycle there if i wanted to~ ITS SO FREAKING DAMN NEAR~ LOLX

So...... i'll be starting on 22nd feb.... super nice number la... its my birthday, my cellphone num, my house address, n my car num plate! lolx

and since theres this music cafe near my hse.. might think of singing there too~ juz have to sing there once a week, i'll have extra cash to spend too! :P oh man i'm so money minded.. hahhhaaa~

oh yea~ my post: PERSONAL FINANCIAL CONSULTANT~

super chio la! HAHHAHA~ :P


i look upon the moon and stars at 12:14 AM
> 0 stars were shining bright even without the moon